Compact line of CNC mills designed for rapid manufacturing of complex styrofoam molds/patterns. Features uni-body design that ships in a single freight container.
CG Image: B Series Premium Base Model
Lost-foam Casting Pattern
Each axis of the CNC machinery has a linear system to move the vehicle to its desired location, includes Ball Screws or Rack and Pinion.
A rack and pinion is a type of linear actuator that comprises a circular gear (the pinion) engaging a linear gear (the rack), which operate to translate rotational motion into linear motion. Driving the pinion into rotation causes the rack to be driven linearly. Driving the rack linearly will cause the pinion to be driven into a rotation.
- Pros: 1. Cheaper to make. 2. Can be assembled together, thus more cost effective for long linear travels.
- Cons: 1. Top speed is lower. 2. Due to the gap between pinion tooth and rack tooth, it generally has lower re-positioning accuracy. 3. Higher power consumption and faster wear and tear due to its high inherent friction.
A ball screw is a mechanical linear actuator that translates rotational motion to linear motion with little friction. A threaded shaft provides a helical raceway for ball bearings which act as a precision screw. As well as being able to apply or withstand high thrust loads, they can do so with minimum internal friction. It's mostly seen on high-end products.
- Pros: 1. Higher top speed. 2. Close contact between ball bearing and the helical screw provides high re-positioning accuracy. 3. Little internal friction grants lower power consumption and much slower wear and tear if maintained properly.
- Cons: 1. More expensive to make. 2. Cost is prohibitive for long linear travels.
There are two options for a gantry-moving type CNC machine tool, move the entire gantry to save materials, or rise the base frame in z-axis to move the beam only. We offer both styles for B Series Gantry Mills:
By moving the entire gantry:
- Pros: 1. Easier to load / unload extremely large footprint workpieces. 2. Better visibility of workpieces. 3. Save steels proportional to machinery x-axis length.
- Cons: 1. More expensive (Manufacturing / Calibration / Maintenance). 2. Slower feed rate / top speed caused by the high center of gravity of the gantry vehicle. 3. Requires larger motor which results in higher power consumption.
By moving the gantry beam only:
- Pros: 1. Lower overall cost. 2. Faster feed rate / top speed as the center of gravity is low in respect of the beam. 3. Uses smaller motors thanks to the lighter gantry weight, which also reduces power consumption. 4. Much higher rigidity thanks to the U-shaped base frame.
- Cons: 1. Sacrifices visibility of workpiece. 2. Harder to load / unload extremely large workpieces. 3. Costs more steels to build.
In summary, for gantry type machineries, it is preferable to moving the beam. Only in extreme scenarios would you need a entire-gantry-moving CNC machine tool.
Generally, an Automatic tool changer or ATC is used to improve the capacity of the machine to work with a number of tools. It is also used to change worn out or broken tools. However, it is not always cost effective in following scenarios:
- The machining process only requires single tool, and the material is relatively soft so that the tool does not worn out quickly.
- The machining process only requires single tool, and the processing time is relative short.
- The machining process requires very few tools, and each tool is being constantly used for long period before changing out.
B Series is designed for rapid processing of PS Foam or any materials alike (with occasionally usage for processing wooden materials). For most applicable use cases, it only requires a single ball-nose tool during the entire manufacturing process. Hence, B Series CNC machine tools offer ATC as an optional feature.
Improves your mold/pattern making process by utilizing modern CNC technology. Save up to 75% of production time, gain better control over product quality, higher success rate, and reduce the total number of labors involved.
The complete machining of the CNC mill dramatically shortens the production process chain and simplifies production management and scheduling. The more complex the workpiece, the more obvious its advantages over the traditional process-dispersed production methods.
Slicing, gluing, nailing, un-nailing, assembling, and drying are necessary when developing new products traditionally, which is prone to cracks and misalignments. A CNC Mill is an excellent solution to the problems by reducing most of the processes, significantly shortening the development cycle, and improving the success rate of new products.
Compares to traditional approaches, our CNC technology effectively transforms digital drawings to actual assembly with fewer parts, thus raises the limits on the types of part geometries and dimensions you can provide. It unbridles the imaginations of you and your engineers to produce highly complex components in a larger footprint.
Air-cooled variable speed electrical spindle, programmable between 3,000 to 18,000 RPM. Manual Tool Changing. Automatic tool changing is available as an option.
B Series comes with various industry proven motion controller options, mounted on either standalone cabinet or cantilever control box.
Welded, stress relieved and machined all-steel base frame, gantry and gantry feet, Steel structures are reinforced with heavy ribs to resist flex and dampen vibrations.
Additional slide-in 4-th Axis that lets the tool to reach where was blocked, increase your machining capabilities, while not affecting regular operations.
Various machine table options available (Phenolic, Aluminum, Steel), with T-Slots, Flat-Surfaces, or custom table and jigs.
Compared to alternatives, low friction and close contact in ball screws yields higher mechanical efficiency, higher re-positioning accuracy, while also decreasing demand for lubrication.
High power dust collecting system connected to the dust collector port located at the rear of machinery. Note: It only helps cleaning ups, and does not provide much control over dust generated while running.
High-quality dual opening safety gate guards the front opening of the machinery. Prevents entry and provides limited control over dust generated while running.
Periodically dispenses lubricating agent at preset volume and frequency, features high pressure pump to ensure long range delivery. Reduces wear and tear of drive systems.
Process harder and heavier materials, increase processing precisions and speed.
Increase Z-Axis travel by raising base frame, higher rigidity, top speed, and stability.
Last gen design, deprecated due to performance disadvantages.
$ 24,888.0012% OFF
$ 14,888.0011% OFF
Rapid Travel Speed
Upgraded Control System
Enhanced Table Surface
: Custom travel options are available on request.
$ 24,888.0012% OFF
$ 14,888.0011% OFF
1. Automobile - Patterns for casting press molds.
2. Foundry - Wooden patterns, Lost-foam casting patterns, Composite material patterns.
3. Composite Materials - Vacuum forming, Fiberglass parts, Rubber components.
4. Furniture Manufacturers - Relief Patterns, Decorations.
5. Sculpture / Scene Making Related (w/ Rotary Axis) - Theme park decorations, Movie props, Sculptures.
B Series is designed for rapid processing dozens of materials such as:
PS / PU / PMI foams, Carbon fibers, Plastics, Tooling boards / Blocks, Fiberglass, Modeling clay, Composite materials, Wooden materials, Solid woods, and many other non-metal materials.
We are constantly increasing the usability of our products, if you have used similar products before, most likely you will get B Series up and running without much effort.
Moreover, CHENcan provides multiple support plans, including on-site training, remote training, and on-campus training. In addition, we have a huge library of pre-recorded tutorials and how-to videos for the common questions we have collected over the years.
Ask your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for more details.
All B Series controllers support G Code, which means, if the software at your choice exports to international standard G code, you could expect B Series to load it.
In addition, we are very flexible on the choice of motion controllers, if you prefer specific brand model rather than our default options, we will try our best to adapt our machinery to fit your proposed controller.
Yes, for B Series Gantry Mills, we do offer the option for either in-house trainings or international installation, training, and maintenance services.
Please keep in mind that, we only provide English / Chinese speaking services engineers at the moment.
Yes, you could book an appointment with your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for a tour of our factory. One of our bilingual (English / Russian / Chinese) client champions will provide you guidance for the visit.
We may also provide airport pick up service according the availability of our limos.
[ translated, taken from an interview ] ... The Mold Making Machine is exactly what our business has been lacking. I like it more and more each day because it makes my life a lot easier. ... It usually took us weeks to produce a large sized wooden mold, (with your machine) we've now sped up the process by 5 to 10 fold. ... Yes, we have planned to get another one next year.
China National Nuclear Corporation
Bradken (Manufacturing & Mining)
Gropo Mar 10 (Ship-building)
Jike Numerical Control Technology
China North Industries Group (Research)
China National Erzhong Group (Manufacturing & Mining)
Join Our e-Mailing List:
Ask us anything! 👋😃 Feel free to talk to our client champions through any channel, and we are glad to help!
Your interaction will also help us understand how we can better provide the information you're looking for as efficiently as possible.