Large format CNC Machining centre with a mobile gantry, specifically designed for machining isothermal fittings on vans, cold-chain containers, articulated lorries, and semi-trailers.
CG Image: GM Series Premium Base Model
Each axis of the CNC machinery has a linear system to move the vehicle to its desired location, includes Ball Screws or Rack and Pinion.
A rack and pinion is a type of linear actuator that comprises a circular gear (the pinion) engaging a linear gear (the rack), which operate to translate rotational motion into linear motion. Driving the pinion into rotation causes the rack to be driven linearly. Driving the rack linearly will cause the pinion to be driven into a rotation.
- Pros: 1. Cheaper to make. 2. Can be assembled together, thus more cost effective for long linear travels.
- Cons: 1. Top speed is lower. 2. Due to the gap between pinion tooth and rack tooth, it generally has lower re-positioning accuracy. 3. Higher power consumption and faster wear and tear due to its high inherent friction.
A ball screw is a mechanical linear actuator that translates rotational motion to linear motion with little friction. A threaded shaft provides a helical raceway for ball bearings which act as a precision screw. As well as being able to apply or withstand high thrust loads, they can do so with minimum internal friction. It's mostly seen on high-end products.
- Pros: 1. Higher top speed. 2. Close contact between ball bearing and the helical screw provides high re-positioning accuracy. 3. Little internal friction grants lower power consumption and much slower wear and tear if maintained properly.
- Cons: 1. More expensive to make. 2. Cost is prohibitive for long linear travels.
There are two options for a gantry-moving type CNC machine tool, move the entire gantry to save materials, or rise the base frame in the z-axis to move the beam only. We offer both styles for SF Series Gantry Mills:
By moving the entire gantry:
- Pros: 1. Easier to load/unload extremely large footprint workpieces. 2. Better visibility of workpieces. 3. Save steels proportional to machinery x-axis length.
- Cons: 1. More expensive (Manufacturing / Calibration / Maintenance). 2. Slower feed rate / top speed caused by the high center of gravity of the gantry vehicle. 3. Requires larger motor which results in higher power consumption.
By moving the gantry beam only:
- Pros: 1. Lower overall cost. 2. Faster feed rate / top speed as the center of gravity is low in respect of the beam. 3. It uses smaller motors thanks to the lighter gantry weight, which also reduces power consumption. 4. Much higher rigidity thanks to the U-shaped base frame.
- Cons: 1. Sacrifices visibility of workpiece. 2. Harder to load/unload extremely large workpieces. 3. Costs more steels to build.
Generally, an automatic tool changer or ATC is used to improve the capacity of the machine to work with several tools. It is also used to change worn out or broken tools. Without ATC, an operator is required to monitor and shut down the machinery to replace tools. An ATC can boost your production effectively in the following scenarios:
- The tool worn out quickly, or tools are being changed out frequently.
- The machining process requires multiple tools.
- The machining process takes a few days, tool change happens during off-hours.
Improves your panel processing operations by utilizing modern CNC technology. Save up to 75% of production time, get smoother edges/corners, and reduce the total number of labors involved.
By controlling the hazardous dust using enclosures and vacuuming while operating, reduces the inhale risks, significantly improve the workplace cleanness and safety condition.
The complete machining of the CNC Panel Processing Center dramatically shortens the production process chain, eliminates manual measuring, and simplifies production management and scheduling. The more complex the workpiece, the more obvious its advantages over the traditional process-dispersed production methods.
Compares to traditional approaches, our CNC technology effectively transforms digital drawings to actual products faster with better precision, thus raises the limits on the types of part geometries and dimensions you can provide. It unbridles the imaginations of you and your engineers to produce highly complex components in a larger footprint.
Programmable high power direct-drive auto tool changing spindle (BT-40) that runs at 0 - 12000 RPM, able to cut, drill, and tap. Liquid-cooling.
Six (6) position Carousel type automatic tool changer is available for fast tool changing. This automatic tool changer allows tools up to 3.25 inches in diameter.
GM Series comes with various industry proven motion controller options, mounted on either standalone cabinet or cantilever control box.
Various table options available, features either phenolic gridded vacuum table or extra holding power vacuum bars.
High power dust collecting system provides excellent control of dusts generated by the spindle.
Holds material firmly on both sides, providing excellent griping when processing smaller workpieces.
Provides fast cutting of straight line in any angle or tilt. This option will enforce the gantry. Combo with operator cabin.
Cabin moves with gantry, provides observation platform for operator. Illuminated, combo with 5-axis Bridge Saw option.
Air-piston retractable roller. The roller will rise up for easier material loading / unloading, and retract for vacuum gripping.
Extremely long CNC Panel Processing Center available for custom order.
Large scale CNC Panel Processing Center equipped with 5-Axis Bridge Saw.
Large scale CNC Panel Processing Center with basic upgrade.
$ ?.00FREE Consultation
$ 139,888.0012% OFF
$ 78,888.0012% OFF
Rapid Travel Speed
Spindle Feed Rate
5-Axis Saw Feed Rate
Extra Reinforced Structure
Upgraded Control System
: Custom travel options are available on request.
$ ?.00FREE Consultation
$ 139,888.0012% OFF
$ 78,888.0012% OFF
1. Automobile Related - Various kinds of isothermal fitting, Wall panels.
2. Housing Related - Quick-deploy medical unit, Housing unit, Wall panels.
GM Series is designed for rapid processing of various sandwich panels such as:
Sandwich Panels w/ metal veneer, any type of Wooden Panel, Sandwich Panels w/ embedded wooden frame, and many more.
We are constantly increasing the usability of our products, if you have used similar products before, most likely you will get GM Series up and running without much effort.
Moreover, CHENcan provides multiple support plans, including on-site training, remote training, and on-campus training. In addition, we have a huge library of pre-recorded tutorials and how-to videos for the common questions we have collected over the years.
Ask your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for more details.
All GM Series controllers support G Code, which means, if the software at your choice exports to international standard G code, you could expect GM Series to load it.
In addition, we are very flexible on the choice of motion controllers, if you prefer specific brand model rather than our default options, we will try our best to adapt our machinery to fit your proposed controller.
Yes, for GM Series Gantry Mills, we do offer the option for either in-house trainings or international installation, training, and maintenance services.
Please keep in mind that, we only provide English / Chinese speaking services engineers at the moment.
Yes, you could book an appointment with your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for a tour of our factory. One of our bilingual (English / Russian / Chinese) client champions will provide you guidance for the visit.
We may also provide airport pick up service according the availability of our limos.
[ translated, taken from a service visit ] ...Our company builds RVs, both vans and trailers. Thanks to the GM Series purchased in August 2017, when making RV wall panels, we can build it much faster now. It equals approximately 7 to 10 labors. We get cleaner edges/corners, and most importantly, it cuts and drills at exactly where we want it.
Mallaghan Airport Ground Support Equipment
Bingxiong Refrigerated Vehicle
Join Our e-Mailing List:
Ask us anything! 👋😃 Feel free to talk to our client champions through any channel, and we are glad to help!
Your interaction will also help us understand how we can better provide the information you're looking for as efficiently as possible.