Large scale gantry moving mill that designed to produce molds/patterns/sculptures THREE times faster compares to metal milling machines.
CG Image: SF Series Premium Base Model
PS Foam Pattern
Coated Wooden Pattern
There are two options for a gantry-moving type CNC machine tool, move the entire gantry to save materials, or rise the base frame in the z-axis to move the beam only. We offer both styles for SF Series Gantry Mills:
By moving the entire gantry:
- Pros: 1. Easier to load/unload extremely large footprint workpieces. 2. Better visibility of workpieces. 3. Save steels proportional to machinery x-axis length.
- Cons: 1. More expensive (Manufacturing / Calibration / Maintenance). 2. Slower feed rate / top speed caused by the high center of gravity of the gantry vehicle. 3. Requires larger motor which results in higher power consumption.
By moving the gantry beam only:
- Pros: 1. Lower overall cost. 2. Faster feed rate / top speed as the center of gravity is low in respect of the beam. 3. It uses smaller motors thanks to the lighter gantry weight, which also reduces power consumption. 4. Much higher rigidity thanks to the U-shaped base frame.
- Cons: 1. Sacrifices visibility of workpiece. 2. Harder to load/unload extremely large workpieces. 3. Costs more steels to build.
Spindle technology offers various ways to drive the spindle. These approaches are belt, gear, inline, and built-in motor. Each has its advantages; here, we compare them for non-ferrous metal processing:
- Gear Driven Spindle: 1. Highest cutting torque, lowest RPM. 2. An overkill for non-ferrous metal processing. 3. More Expensive. 4. Noisier and requires more maintenance.
- Belt Driven Spindle: 1. High cutting torque, low RPM (0 - 6,000). 2. Better for roughing. 3. Easily accessible, easy to maintain. 4. The assembly takes larger spaces which affect the design of carrying CNC Machine Tool.
- Inline (Direct-drive) Spindle: 1. High cutting torque, high RPM (0 - 8,000). 2. Good for roughing and detailing. 3. The assembly takes smaller spaces.
- Built-in Motorized Spindle: 1. Low cutting torque, Highest RPM (0 -18,000). 2. Obtains the best surface finishes. 3. Unibody takes the smallest spaces. 4. More expensive.
Each axis of the CNC machinery has a linear system to move the vehicle to its desired location, includes Ball Screws or Rack and Pinion.
A rack and pinion is a type of linear actuator that comprises a circular gear (the pinion) engaging a linear gear (the rack), which operate to translate rotational motion into linear motion. Driving the pinion into rotation causes the rack to be driven linearly. Driving the rack linearly will cause the pinion to be driven into a rotation.
- Pros: 1. Cheaper to make. 2. Can be assembled together, thus more cost effective for long linear travels.
- Cons: 1. Top speed is lower. 2. Due to the gap between pinion tooth and rack tooth, it generally has lower re-positioning accuracy. 3. Higher power consumption and faster wear and tear due to its high inherent friction.
A ball screw is a mechanical linear actuator that translates rotational motion to linear motion with little friction. A threaded shaft provides a helical raceway for ball bearings which act as a precision screw. As well as being able to apply or withstand high thrust loads, they can do so with minimum internal friction. It's mostly seen on high-end products.
- Pros: 1. Higher top speed. 2. Close contact between ball bearing and the helical screw provides high re-positioning accuracy. 3. Little internal friction grants lower power consumption and much slower wear and tear if maintained properly.
- Cons: 1. More expensive to make. 2. Cost is prohibitive for long linear travels.
Generally, an automatic tool changer or ATC is used to improve the capacity of the machine to work with several tools. It is also used to change worn out or broken tools. Without ATC, an operator is required to monitor and shut down the machinery to replace tools. An ATC can boost your production effectively in the following scenarios:
- The tool worn out quickly, or tools are being changed out frequently.
- The machining process requires multiple tools.
- The machining process takes a few days, tool change happens during off-hours.
Improves your mold/pattern making process by utilizing modern CNC technology. Save up to 75% of production time, gain better control over product quality, higher success rate, and reduce the total number of labors involved.
The complete machining of the CNC mill dramatically shortens the production process chain and simplifies production management and scheduling. The more complex the workpiece, the more obvious its advantages over the traditional process-dispersed production methods.
Slicing, gluing, nailing, un-nailing, assembling, and drying are necessary when developing new products traditionally, which is prone to cracks and misalignments. A CNC Mill is an excellent solution to the problems by reducing most of the processes, significantly shortening the development cycle, and improving the success rate of new products.
Compares to traditional approaches, our CNC technology effectively transforms digital drawings to actual assembly with fewer parts. Thus raises the limits on the types of part geometries and dimensions you can provide. It unbridles the imaginations of you and your engineers to produce highly complex components in a larger footprint.
Various spindle options available, either features more cutting torque or smoother surface finish.
SF Series comes with multiple industry-proven motion controller options, mounted on either standalone cabinet or cantilever control box.
Welded, stress-relieved, and machined all-steel base frame, gantry, and gantry feet. Steel structures are reinforced with heavy ribs to resist flex and dampen vibrations.
Up to Twelve(12) position, a bar-type tool changer hides in the sidewall of the base frame. A sliding door protects the ATC from dust and debris.
Additional tilt (4th) Axis allows the spindle to shape the other two faces of the workpiece, increase your machining capabilities.
Additional slide-in 4th Axis that lets the tool to reach where was blocked, increase your machining capabilities, while not affecting regular operations.
SF series comes with various machine table options (Phenolic, Aluminum, Steel), with T-Slots, T-Slot-Vacuum, Vacuum-Grid, Flat-Surfaces, or custom table and jigs.
Compared to alternatives, low friction, and close contact in ball screws yields higher mechanical efficiency, higher re-positioning accuracy, while also decreasing demand for lubrication.
High power dust collecting system connected to the dust collector port located at the rear of the machinery. Note: It only helps cleaning ups, and does not provide much control over dust generated while running.
High-quality dual opening safety gate guards the front opening of the machinery. Prevents entry and provides limited control over dust generated while running.
Periodically dispenses lubricating agent at preset volume and frequency. Features high-pressure pumps to ensure long-range delivery reduces wear and tear of drive systems.
Huge CNC Gantry mills available for custom orders.
Cuts through metal nails like a knife through butter.
Rapid processes large workpieces by one clamping step.
$ ?.00FREE Consultation
$ 54,888.0012% OFF
$ 44,888.0012% OFF
Rapid Travel Speed
Extra Reinforced Structure
Upgraded Control System
Enhanced Table Surface
: Custom travel options are available on request.
$ ?.00FREE Consultation
$ 54,888.0012% OFF
$ 44,888.0012% OFF
1. Automobile Related - Parts molds / patterns.
2. Composite Materials - Vacuum forming, Fiberglass parts, Rubber components.
3. Foundry - Wooden patterns, Lost-foam casting patterns, Composite material patterns.
4. Furniture Manufacturers - Relief Patterns, Decorations.
5. Maritime Related - Parts molds / patterns.
6. Sculpture / Scene Making Related (w/ Rotary Axis) - Theme park decorations, Movie props, Humanoid sculptures.
SF Series is designed for rapid processing dozens of materials such as:
PS / PU / PMI foams, Carbon fibers, Plastics, Tooling boards / Blocks, Fiberglass, Modeling clay, Composite materials, Wooden materials, Solid woods, and many other non-metal materials.
We are continually increasing the usability of our products. If you have used similar products before, most likely you will get SF Series up and running without much effort.
Moreover, CHENcan provides multiple support plans, including on-site training, remote training, and on-campus training. Besides, we have a vast library of pre-recorded tutorials and how-to videos for the common questions we have collected over the years.
Ask your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for more details.
All SF Series controllers support G Code. If the software at your choice exports to international standard G code, you could expect SF Series to load it.
Also, we are very flexible with the choice of motion controllers. If you prefer a specific brand model rather than our default options, we will try our best to adapt our machinery to fit it.
Yes, for SF Series Gantry Mills, we do offer the option for either in-house training or international installation, training, and maintenance services.
Please keep in mind that, we only provide English / Chinese speaking services engineers at the moment.
Yes, you could book an appointment with your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for a tour of our factory. One of our bilingual (English / Russian / Chinese) client champions will provide you guidance for the visit.
We may also provide airport pick up service according to the availability of our limos.
[ translated, taken from an interview ] ...The Mold Making Machine is exactly what our business has been lacking. I like it more and more each day because it makes my life a lot easier. ... It usually took us weeks to produce a large-sized wooden mold, (with your machine) we've now sped up the process by 5 to 10 fold. ... Yes, we have planned to get another one next year.
China National Nuclear Corporation
Bradken (Manufacturing & Mining)
Gropo Mar 10 (Ship-building)
Jike Numerical Control Technology
China North Industries Group (Research)
China National Erzhong Group (Manufacturing & Mining)
Theme Builders Philippines Inc (Scene Making)
Join Our e-Mailing List:
Ask us anything! 👋😃 Feel free to talk to our client champions through any channel, and we are glad to help!
Your interaction will also help us understand how we can better provide the information you're looking for as efficiently as possible.