Robust CNC machine tool designed for fast processing of large aluminum alloy workpieces, as well as wooden materials, composites, foams, and many other non-ferrous metals.
CG Image: SG Series Premium Base Model
Each axis of the CNC machinery has a linear system to move the vehicle to its desired location, includes Ball Screws or Rack and Pinion.
A rack and pinion is a type of linear actuator that comprises a circular gear (the pinion) engaging a linear gear (the rack), which operate to translate rotational motion into linear motion. Driving the pinion into rotation causes the rack to be driven linearly. Driving the rack linearly will cause the pinion to be driven into a rotation.
- Pros: 1. Cheaper to make. 2. Can be assembled together, thus more cost effective for long linear travels.
- Cons: 1. Top speed is lower. 2. Due to the gap between pinion tooth and rack tooth, it generally has lower re-positioning accuracy. 3. Higher power consumption and faster wear and tear due to its high inherent friction.
A ball screw is a mechanical linear actuator that translates rotational motion to linear motion with little friction. A threaded shaft provides a helical raceway for ball bearings which act as a precision screw. As well as being able to apply or withstand high thrust loads, they can do so with minimum internal friction. It's mostly seen on high-end products.
- Pros: 1. Higher top speed. 2. Close contact between ball bearing and the helical screw provides high re-positioning accuracy. 3. Little internal friction grants lower power consumption and much slower wear and tear if maintained properly.
- Cons: 1. More expensive to make. 2. Cost is prohibitive for long linear travels.
In recent years, welded steel structure became more preferable option when building CNC machine tools. Due to the design nature of gantry type CNC machine tools, the gantry beam takes gravity, pull, and bending moment simultaneously, which causes deformation and vibration. Comparing to the previously used casted-iron structure, welded steel structure brings two major benefits.
Firstly, fabricating welded steel structures takes fewer production process. Without the casting process, it generates less pollutions, and meets higher environmental standards.
Secondly, welded steel structure brings multiple performance benefits, especially in low volume parts, including but not limit to:
- 1. The structure is welded using carbon steel, which has higher elastic modulus and better mechanical properties. Under same load, steel structure has lower vibration amplitude, better resonance avoidance, and better self-excited vibration stability.
- 2. While having same stiffness, the welded steel structure only weights 60% of casted-iron structure. Lower the gantry weight will also provide better resonance avoidance, reduce sagging, improve geometric precision. It is also critical for obtaining higher travel speed and acceleration.
- 3. With proper welding and structural layout, the welded steel structure could obtain better damping comparing to its casted-iron counterpart, thus getting better anti-vibration property.
Spindle technology offers various ways to drive the spindle. These approaches are belt, gear, inline, and built-in motor. Each has its advantages; here, we compare them for non-ferrous metal processing:
- Gear Driven Spindle: 1. Highest cutting torque, lowest RPM. 2. An overkill for non-ferrous metal processing. 3. More Expensive. 4. Noisier and requires more maintenance.
- Belt Driven Spindle: 1. High cutting torque, low RPM (0 - 6,000). 2. Better for roughing. 3. Easily accessible, easy to maintain. 4. The assembly takes larger spaces which affect the design of carrying CNC Machine Tool.
- Inline (Direct-drive) Spindle: 1. High cutting torque, high RPM (0 - 8,000). 2. Good for roughing and detailing. 3. The assembly takes smaller spaces.
- Built-in Motorized Spindle: 1. Low cutting torque, Highest RPM (0 -18,000). 2. Obtains the best surface finishes. 3. Unibody takes the smallest spaces. 4. More expensive.
Our high-speed non-ferrous metal processing center has better power efficiency, approximately 50% faster comparing to ferrous-metal processing CNC Machine Tools, and about three times faster than traditional production methods.
The complete machining of the CNC mill dramatically shortens the production process chain and simplifies production management and scheduling. The more complex the workpiece, the more obvious its advantages over the traditional process-dispersed production methods.
For aerospace, automotive, and other companies, some new product parts and forming molds are large and require more expensive but slower CNC Machine Tools to fabricate. A large scale non-ferrous CNC Machining Center is an excellent solution to the scale and efficiency problems at a lower price range.
Compares to traditional approaches, aluminum workpieces could be more economical counterparts thanks to its unique physical and chemical properties, thus raises the limits on the types of materials and part dimensions you can provide.
Various robust spindle options available, either features more cutting torque or smoother surface finish.
SG Series comes with various industry proven motion controller options, mounted on either standalone cabinet or cantilever control box.
Welded, stress relieved and machined all-steel base frame, gantry, and gantry feet, Steel structures are reinforced with heavy ribs to resist flex and dampen vibrations.
Annealed casted-iron table with T Slot, provides excellent support and easy clamping for all of your workpieces, resistant to deformation.
Up to Twelve(12) position, a bar-type tool changer hides in the sidewall of the base frame. A sliding door protects the ATC from dust and debris.
Additional slide-in 4th Axis that lets the tool to reach where was blocked, increase your machining capabilities, while not affecting regular operations.
Compared to alternatives, low friction, and close contact in ball screws yields higher mechanical efficiency, higher re-positioning accuracy, while also decreasing demand for lubrication.
High-quality dual opening safety gate guards the front opening of the machinery. Prevents entry and provides limited control over dust generated while running.
Periodically dispenses lubricating agent at preset volume and frequency. Features high-pressure pumps to ensure long-range delivery reduces wear and tear of drive systems.
Huge CNC Gantry mills available for custom order.
Rapid processing for large size aluminum workpieces.
Rapid processing for medium size aluminum workpieces.
$ ?.00FREE Consultation
$ 78,888.0012% OFF
$ 54,888.0012% OFF
Rapid Travel Speed
Extra Reinforced Structure
: Custom travel options are available on request.
$ ?.00FREE Consultation
$ 78,888.0012% OFF
$ 54,888.0012% OFF
1. Mold/Pattern Fabrication - Aluminum molds and patterns, Wooden patterns, Lost-foam casting patterns, Composite material patterns.
2. Composite Materials - Vacuum forming, Fiberglass parts, Rubber components.
SG Series is designed for rapid processing of non-ferrous metals, it could also process:
Aluminum, Wooden materials, Solid woods, PS / PU / PMI foams, Carbon fibers, Plastics, Tooling boards / Blocks, Fiberglass, Modeling clay, Composite materials, and many other non-metal materials.
We are continually increasing the usability of our products, if you have used similar products before, most likely you will get SG Series up and running without much effort.
Moreover, CHENcan provides multiple support plans, including on-site training, remote training, and on-campus training. Also, we have a vast library of pre-recorded tutorials and how-to videos for the common questions we have collected over the years.
Ask your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for more details.
All SG Series controllers support G Code, which means, if the software at your choice exports to international standard G code, you could expect SG Series to load it.
Also, we are very flexible with the choice of motion controllers. If you prefer a specific brand model rather than our default options, we will try our best to adapt our machinery to fit your proposed controller.
Yes, for SG Series Gantry Mills, we do offer the option for either in-house trainings or international installation, training, and maintenance services.
Please keep in mind that, we only provide English / Chinese speaking services engineers at the moment.
Yes, you could book an appointment with your dedicated CHENcan sales consultant for a tour of our factory. One of our bilingual (English / Russian / Chinese) client champions will provide you guidance for the visit.
We may also provide airport pick up service according the availability of our limos.
[ translated, taken from an interview ] ...The Mold Making Machine is exactly what our business has been lacking. I like it more and more each day because it makes my life a lot easier. ... It usually took us weeks to produce a large-sized wooden mold, (with your machine) we've now sped up the process by 5 to 10 fold. ... Yes, we have planned to get another one next year.
China National Nuclear Corporation
Bradken (Manufacturing & Mining)
Gropo Mar 10 (Ship-building)
Jike Numerical Control Technology
China North Industries Group (Research)
China National Erzhong Group (Manufacturing & Mining)
Join Our e-Mailing List:
Ask us anything! 👋😃 Feel free to talk to our client champions through any channel, and we are glad to help!
Your interaction will also help us understand how we can better provide the information you're looking for as efficiently as possible.